If you want a soup that is very nutritious and rich in protein, you need to do this Split Pea & Courgette Soup. It fills your body with minerals like magnesium and potassium and vitamins like Vitamin A. You won’t stay hungry if you eat this.
Split Pea & Courgette SoupCourse: Main, SoupsCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
The chief ingredients in this soup are split peas and courgette which are both alkaline and packed with a range of nutrients. I hope you enjoy this mouth-watering, healthy, and alkaline soup!
This soup is a perfect meal for those who are looking for a light, healthy and nutritious dish. Split peas are an excellent source of protein and fiber, while courgettes are rich in vitamin C and potassium. Split peas have also been found to be an excellent source of antioxidants which can help to reduce the risk of cancer.
1 cup yellow split peas
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
4 cups vegetable broth
1 diced onion
2 diced zucchini
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Soak the split peas in a bowl for several hours, preferably overnight, and then drain it and rinse in cold water and drain again.
- Take a pan, and heat some oil. Add the onion and cook them with a covered lid.
- Add the diced zucchini and add the rest to the pan, keeping a handful of them separately.
- You can add the stock and turmeric and cook them on low heat for 40 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper as per your taste and mix it with a hand mixer.
- Now cook the handful of reserved zucchini for 1 minute in a separate saucepan and serve the soup garnished with the boiled zucchini.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of pepper for a better taste.
- Both the ingredients in this Soup such as split peas and courgette are alkaline and loaded with a wide range of nutrients. The low calories of courgettes are full of Vitamin A, potassium, manganese, and floats, while the split peas are also low in calories, a perfect combination of a mixture of both ingredients is a great source of protein while holding the highest degree of fiber.
Download the FREE version of our alkaline diet recipes now!