If you’re looking for a delicious and satisfying dish that’s both healthy and packed with flavor, look no further than Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Balsamic Glaze. This dish is perfect for anyone following an alkaline diet and is also a great option for those looking to add more plant-based meals into their rotation. The combination of hearty portobello mushrooms and a tangy balsamic glaze is a surefire way to satisfy your cravings and leave you feeling nourished and satisfied. Plus, this recipe is simple to make and can be enjoyed as a main dish or a side!
– 4 large portobello mushrooms
– 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tsp dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
1. Start by cleaning the portobello mushrooms and removing the stems. You can gently scrape out the gills from the underside of the mushrooms if desired, but it’s not necessary.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, and dried thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place the cleaned mushrooms in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them, making sure to coat both sides. Let them marinate for at least 30 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
4. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates.
5. Once the mushrooms are done marinating, place them on the grill, gill side down. Grill for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until they are tender and have nice grill marks.
6. While the mushrooms are grilling, you can brush them with any remaining marinade to add extra flavor.
7. Once the mushrooms are done, remove them from the grill and place them on a serving platter. Drizzle any remaining balsamic glaze over the top and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
– Feel free to customize the marinade with your favorite herbs and seasonings, such as rosemary, oregano, or red pepper flakes.
– If you don’t have a grill, you can also cook the mushrooms in a grill pan on the stovetop or roast them in the oven at 400°F for 15-20 minutes.
– These grilled portobello mushrooms are delicious on their own, but you can also serve them over a bed of leafy greens, quinoa, or your favorite grain for a more substantial meal.
Nutritional info (per serving):
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 10g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Balsamic Glaze is a simple and flavorful dish that’s perfect for a satisfying meal. This recipe is alkaline-friendly and can be enjoyed as a main dish or side. With its hearty mushrooms and tangy balsamic glaze, this dish is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe rotation!