Brussels sprouts are a fantastic vegetable to include in your alkaline diet. Not only are they packed with nutrients, but when prepared correctly, they can also be incredibly delicious. In this recipe, I’ll show you how to make perfect roasted alkaline Brussels sprouts with a tangy balsamic glaze that will elevate your Brussels sprouts game and leave you wanting more.
– 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
– 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper until they are well coated.
3. Spread the Brussels sprouts out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Roast the Brussels sprouts in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside. Make sure to stir or shake the pan halfway through the cooking time for even browning.
5. While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, make the balsamic glaze. In a small saucepan, combine the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the glaze has thickened slightly.
6. Once the Brussels sprouts are finished roasting, drizzle them with the balsamic glaze before serving.
– Be sure to trim and halve your Brussels sprouts for even cooking.
– You can customize the balsamic glaze by adding a pinch of red pepper flakes for some extra heat, or a splash of low-sodium soy sauce for a savory umami flavor.
– Feel free to add some chopped walnuts or pecans to the Brussels sprouts before roasting for added crunch and texture.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 10g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
With this recipe, you can easily elevate your Brussels sprouts game and create a delicious and nutritious side dish that everyone will love. The combination of perfectly roasted Brussels sprouts and tangy balsamic glaze is sure to become a new favorite in your alkaline cooking repertoire. Enjoy!