Chickpea Kale RollsCourse: DinnerCuisine: Mediterranean, Middle EasternDifficulty: Easy
Chickpea Kale Rolls look mouth-watering and taste delicious. It contains kale leaves which are used as rolls which are filled with mouth-watering chickpeas. The recipe is coupled with delicious basmati rice topped.
1 medium-sized finely chopped onion
1 cup cooked chickpeas
10 large kale leaves
1/2 cup yeast-free vegetable stock
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil
1/2 tsp ground paprika
1/2 cup brown basmati rice
One pinch of salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Take a pan. Heat some oil in it. Put the onion and gently cook for about 5 minutes till it becomes golden brown.
- Mix rice, stock, chickpeas, paprika, salt, and cumin to it.
- Cover with a lid and allow to bring to the boil.
- Cook in simmer until the liquid is absorbed just about 20 minutes.
- Now wash the kale leaves thoroughly.
- Position 2 small or 1 large leaf overlapping and place about 2 tbs of the chickpea and rice mixture just in the center of the bottom of the leaf.
- Then fold it carefully and roll up the leaf to the tip.
- Do the same procedure for the rest of the leaves.
- Your dish is ready to serve!
- When you cook the chickpea you do no need all night soaking. Just soak it for 1 hour in a big bowl with hot salted water. And after that boil it for about 1-1,5 hours. This is the easiest way to make cooked chickpeas.
Download the FREE version of our alkaline diet recipes now!