Asparagus Cream SoupCourse: MainCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
Do you know that the most important ingredient of the Asparagus Cream Soup is green asparagus is good for heart and the all circulatory system? Therefore this soup is a great source of healthy nutrients. Also the great alkaline benefit of the vegetable indented for people who care about their weight.
1 pound green asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cup finely chopped pale green and white part of leek
2 garlic minced clove
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup almond cream
2 cups vegetable broth
- First cook the leek and the garlic in a pan in the olive oil at low temperature. Keep stirring well until the leek is tender.
- Then, combine the asparagus with the broth and 1 cup water into the mixture.
- Just cover the dish and cook for 15 minutes till the asparagus becomes soft.
- Then pulp the soup with hand mixer. Add some almond cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Again cook the soup over moderate heat until it is heated, without letting it to boil.
- The dish is ready to eat!
- The Asparagus Cream Soup is made of asparagus. So the recipe is full of alkaline effect and loaded your body with lot of minerals like magnesium, zinc and iron. The soup contains very low calories.
As a matter of fact, asparagus is one of the most popular vegetables grown in the United States. Most importantly it can be harvested year-round and is enjoyed at many dinners around the country. In fact, asparagus is grown in five out of six continents and it’s known as a ‘world vegetable’.
The health benefits of asparagus
One of the most underrated vegetables, asparagus has been around for thousands of years. Also, it’s a great source of vitamins A and C, folate, fiber, and potassium. on the other hand, the plant is a good source of iron, calcium, and B vitamins. It also contains a number of anti-inflammatory compounds that have been shown to protect against chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes for example.
Some common ways to cook asparagus
Asparagus is a vegetable that is often overlooked. Firstly it is high in vitamins and minerals. Secondly, it is low in calories. These are making it a healthy food to incorporate into your diet on a regular basis.
Download the FREE version of our alkaline diet recipes now!